A Day in the Life at The Vineyards at Stage Pass
Life at The Vineyards at Stage Pass is the perfect balance of peaceful and exciting — and, to illustrate that, we’re going to let you in on what a typical day living here could look like for you. Of course, every day is a little different and every family has their own responsibilities and activities to attend to, so this schedule outlines just a small glimpse into some of the best parts of Southern Oregon living.
Ready to experience a taste of life among the vines? Let’s dive in!
1. Wake Up to an Amazing View of the Rogue Valley
First thing on the itinerary? Wake up, take a deep breath, and open the curtains.
From there, you’ll look out at an amazing view of the Rogue Valley and all its natural beauty. With your tea or coffee in hand, you’ll watch the sunrise over the Cascade foothills, appreciate scenic hillsides covered in age-old firs and hemlocks, and take in sweet aromas of flourishing grapevines on the valley floor. Although you’ll have grown familiar with the landscape, you’ll be constantly surprised by its ever-changing seasonal features. It’s a sight you can never quite get used to, but that’s the beauty in it.
2. Go for a Morning Hike
Next, it’s time for a little exercise! But with all of Southern Oregon’s natural landscapes, exercise doesn’t just feel like exercise — it feels like a retreat.
Within just a few miles of your home at Stage Pass, there are plenty of accessible hiking trails that showcase the beautiful topography of the area. We’ve listed a few of the most popular ones in one of our previous blog posts, which you can find here.
3. Grab Lunch at a Local Market
After you’ve burned some calories and taken in some amazing views, your stomach will probably be ready for a bite to eat. The good news is that the Rogue Valley offers plenty of dining options, capable of suiting the pickiest and the most adventurous palettes. Here are some of our favorite choices for lunch in Southern Oregon:
- Rogue Valley Growers and Crafters Market hosts over 150 total vendors that offer local produce, meats, specialty ingredients, and prepared foods. It’s open March-November, hosting three open-air markets per week during that season.
- Jacksonville Farmers Market features vendors who sell local produce, meat, seafood, cheese, prepared foods, and more. There’s also usually live music to enjoy while you eat. It’s open on Sundays from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., June through September.
- Medford food trucks continue to gain popularity every day. In Medford, you can find a food truck just about anywhere, and they all offer various types of cuisine, amazing flavors, and great origin stories.
4. Do Some Shopping Around the Valley
With everything from local boutiques to big-box stores, Southern Oregon offers endless opportunities to shop ‘til you drop. You’ll spend the afternoon exploring downtown Jacksonville, Ashland, and/or Medford to find some products that suit your taste.
Perhaps you’ll visit a few of our local favorites, including:
- Jupiter Row (Ashland, OR) – women’s clothing, stationery, home goods, and apothecary goods
- Prize (Ashland, OR) – vintage and luxury home furnishings
- Summit + Fields (Ashland, OR) – men’s and women’s clothing
- Papillon Rouge (Medford, OR) – women’s clothing, footwear, beauty products, and accessories
- Ella Lane (Medford, OR) – women’s clothing, footwear, and accessories
5. Stop By an Award-Winning Winery for Dinner
Of course, the Rogue Valley is known for its amazing wine history and culture — so there’s no better place to enjoy dinner than at a local, award-winning winery! There are a ton of wineries in Southern Oregon to choose from, so if you need any direction on where to start, we have some great recommendations:
- DANCIN Vineyards (Jacksonville, OR) – Recognized as one of the top wineries in Oregon, DANCIN offers an extensive selection of wines — their most popular being chardonnay and pinot noir — that pair well with their delicious plates and desserts. And, bonus — the winery’s located just a stone’s throw away from your home at Stage Pass.
- Cowhorn Vineyards (Jacksonville, OR) – With a biodynamic, nature-focused approach, Cowhorn focuses on producing high-quality Rhône varietals without taking away from the environment. They recently added a curated menu full of deliciously paired plates.
6. Finish Off the Night with a Live Concert or Performance
Once your belly’s satisfied for the night, it’s time to top the night off with some more Southern Oregonian culture. Whether you prefer live music, theatrical performances, film festivals, or art galleries, there’s a little bit of something for everyone to enjoy — and there are plenty of ways we Oregonians have put our own little twist in them.
7. Return to Your Beautiful Custom Home
When you’re ready to call it a day, you’ll return back to your custom home in the gated, master-planned community at Stage Pass. You’ll revel in its beauty and comfort, while also being thankful for its safety and security. And, of course, you’ll look forward to waking up tomorrow, so you can relive the dream all over again.
Sunrise skies and savory bites. Amazing views and endless adventures. At The Vineyards at Stage Pass, you’ll discover a unique and vibrant new way of life. To learn more about our beautiful vineyard community and the life you could start here, contact our team for a private tour.