Photo courtesy of Travel Medford on Facebook
If you’re looking to relocate and Southern Oregon caught your eye, you may be wondering more about the area. We can help!
You may have heard of our neighboring city to the east, Medford, which is the main hub of Southern Oregon and the Rogue Valley. And while you were likely impressed by its features, you might have thought, Is Medford, Oregon really a good place to live? Is it the place I want to settle down in, raise a family in, work in? Is it right for me?
While we can’t make all those important life decisions for you, we can give you little glimpses of what life looks like here, for people in all stages of life. We hope to provide you with some helpful information about the greater Medford area and how it could work with your lifestyle — or, how it could introduce you to a more enjoyable one.
Is Medford, Oregon a Good Place to Live?
Maybe we’re a little biased, but yes! Medford, Oregon is a great place to live — and so are the quaint, yet charming towns surrounding it.
Our master-planned community at Stage Pass is located in Jacksonville, Oregon, which is just a few miles away from Medford, so our residents are interacting with the city on nearly a daily basis. Just like them, more and more homeowners are recognizing the natural beauty and abundant amenities of the region, packing their bags, and making the move. Here are a few reasons why:
- Award-winning schools – Medford offers various schools that can provide a high level of education. School-age children can receive college preparatory experiences from schools like St. Mary’s, and collegiate-age children can receive professional preparation from Southern Oregon University or Rogue Community College.
- Nationally acclaimed businesses – From big corporations to small startups and everything in between, Medford is a great place to work or start a business of your own. Some successful, nationally acclaimed businesses from the region include Asante, Harry & David, Lithia Motors, and more.
- Breathtaking natural scenery – In Medford, you’re surrounded by various topographical wonders — and they’re all stunning. Boasting mountains, valleys, vineyards, forests, rivers, and more, you’ll never fail to appreciate the scenes that surround you.
- Endless outdoor adventures – Gorgeous landscapes also make for exciting adventures. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, rafting, fishing, camping, or skiing, the region provides ample opportunity for it all.
- Delicious restaurants – Medford is home to many restaurants, which all feature different types of cuisine. The city also has a growing food truck scene, which offers a range of quick bites and creative menus to enjoy.
- The heart of Rogue Valley wine country – Medford’s climate is ideal for maintaining perfect ripeness and flavor in grapes, which has resulted in the region having a rich wine history and being home to numerous award-winning vineyards and wineries.
As you can see, Medford, Oregon has a little bit of something for everyone to enjoy. And while the city continues to grow, there’s no doubt its scenic views and connectedness with natural surroundings will continue to provide a tranquil refuge.
Is Medford, Oregon a Good Place to Vacation?
Again, yes! Medford, Oregon is the perfect place to buy or build a vacation home. It’s a largely underrated vacation spot, providing thousands of fun attractions, scenic sights, and moments for relaxation throughout the entire year. There’s also something to be said about the area having a bit milder climate than other west coast destinations, so you can enjoy the outdoors without suffering any heat exhaustion.
Or, perhaps, you could choose to make Medford your permanent home and invite your friends and family here on vacation. The Rogue Valley International Medford Airport (MFR) is located right here, allowing for convenient pickup and dropoff. It offers direct flights from multiple major cities, with more to be added this year. So, wherever your guests are flying in from, their trip is likely to be convenient and their stay is likely to be the perfect mix of peace and adventure.
Is Medford, Oregon a Good Place to Retire?
Yes once again! Medford, Oregon is a great place to retire. You may also look toward Medford’s neighboring towns, Jacksonville or Ashland, for an even more calm, quiet living experience.
Medford and its surrounding areas promote a relaxed lifestyle that is perfect for seniors looking to retire and take life a little slower. There’s nothing better than waking up, grabbing a cup of coffee, looking out at a gorgeous sunrise over the mountains, and knowing this is home.
You may also find a gated, master-planned community — like ours at Stage Pass — for added convenience, security, and privacy. They’ll take care of things like landscaping and trash pickup for you, so you can focus less on chores and more on riding the balance between tranquility and adventure that Medford so effortlessly brings.
Live Just Minutes from Medford, Oregon at The Vineyards at Stage Pass
There’s a lot happening in and around Medford, Oregon! And when you build a custom home in our vineyard community at Stage Pass, you’re just minutes away from it all. You get all the benefits of Medford’s attractions and amenities, but you’re also a tad removed from it — giving you a quiet, relaxing corner of the region to come home to. Discover the splendor of life among the vines at Stage Pass, and schedule a tour with one of our team members today.