The 2022 Oregon Wine Experience is almost here! As the event’s newest hosts, we’re getting more excited to participate as each day passes.
If you plan on joining the celebration and attending the Oregon Wine Experience, here’s a rundown of the important information you should know ahead of time. And if you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, there’s still time!
The 2022 Oregon Wine Experience: Details to Know
What Is the Oregon Wine Experience?
The Oregon Wine Experience is one of our country’s top destination wine and culinary events that directly benefits charity. It’s a five-day celebration that’s broken into multiple different events — each of them featuring some of the state’s most incredible wines.
Participants can taste a range of varietal selections and bid on cases of their favorites. They can also savor some of Oregon’s best culinary creations from award-winning chefs and restaurateurs. It’s a must-attend experience for any wine enthusiast or foodie.
When Is the Oregon Wine Experience?
The Oregon Wine Experience is scheduled for August 17-21, 2022. However, it’s important to note that there are a few events that take place outside of these dates, including:
- Oregon Wine Competition (July 15-17)
- Ultimate Vintner Dinners (June-August)
While these events aren’t a part of the long-weekend celebration, they are a key component of the Oregon Wine Experience as a whole.
Where Is the Oregon Wine Experience?
Stage Pass! We’re so excited to be the new hosts of the Oregon Wine Experience this year. Our location overlooking some of Jacksonville’s finest vineyards makes for a perfect venue.
If you’re a wine enthusiast or a sucker for a beautiful view, you’ll love our master-planned vineyard community. You may even take the opportunity to explore some of our lots and get a sneak peak of what life is like here.
Who Can Attend the Oregon Wine Experience?
In terms of vendors and Wine Competition participants, attendees include some of the best winemakers in our state. If you already have some favorite Oregon vineyards and wineries, you’ll likely see them there. If you don’t, you’re sure to find some!
As for guests, anyone who loves wine and purchases a ticket can attend the events.
What Is the Oregon Wine Experience’s List of Events?
This year’s Oregon Wine Experience will feature events traditional to past years, as well as some new ones. Here’s the full list (besides the Oregon Wine Competition happening beforehand on July 15-17):
- Medal Celebration (August 17 @ 6-9 p.m.): During this event, the 2022 Oregon Wine Competition results will be announced via livestream. Anyone can join in virtually.
- Collectors’ Tasting (August 18 @ 6-8 p.m.): This is an exclusive event that gives invited guests early access to taste wines for the 2022 Founders’ Barrel Auction.
- Founders’ Barrel Auction (August 19 @ 5-8 p.m.): This event features Oregon’s best winemakers and their amazing wines. Attendees can bid online or from their phones for a chance to win their favorite cases.
- Miracle Auction & Salmon Bake (August 20 @ 5-11 p.m.): Amidst a delicious salmon dinner, this event first features a speaker focused on the impact of philanthropic giving. Then audience members are led through a live auction. Online, mobile bidding is also open throughout the week for anyone who wishes to participate in the silent auction.
- Grand Tasting (August 21 @ 2-5 p.m.): This is the largest event of the week. Attendees are welcome to taste award-winning wines from Oregon makers, as well as delicious culinary pairings from local restaurateurs.
For more information on each Oregon Wine Experience event, click here.
Why Should I Attend the Oregon Wine Experience?
The Oregon Wine Experience is one of the most coveted wine festivals in Oregon, as well as in our nation. It offers a unique opportunity to taste unparalleled wines from some of the top wineries in our state — helping you discover some new favorites, spend time with fellow wine enthusiasts, and incite a feeling of Oregonian pride.
However, the Oregon Wine Experience isn’t just about wine. It’s also centered around charitable giving. Every year, 100% of the event’s proceeds are donated and benefit our community’s medical care. In the past, the Oregon Wine Experience has raised over $8.2 million for the Asante Children’s Miracle Network and other health care programs at Asante Foundation.
This year, the proceeds will go to AsanteForward, Southern Oregon’s newest and largest philanthropic journey. With a goal of $50 million total, this campaign can help transform the region’s health care services. Donations from the Oregon Wine Experience are vital to the success of the campaign.
You can read more about the AsanteForward campaign background and goals here.
Taste Amazing Wines & Explore Stage Pass at the 2022 Oregon Wine Experience
With the 2022 Oregon Wine Experience right around the corner, it’s time to purchase your tickets and plan for the events. If you have any questions about the celebration or what it’s like to live in the midst of Southern Oregon wine country at Stage Pass, contact our team online. Otherwise, we’ll see you August 17!