It’s Time To Get Ready for the 2023 Oregon Wine Experience
The 2023 Oregon Wine Experience is almost here! We’re incredibly proud to host this annual event for the second year, and we’re getting more excited for the festivities to start as each day passes!.
Are you planning to join the celebration and attend the Oregon Wine Experience this year? Here’s a rundown of the important information you should know beforehand. If you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, there’s still time!
The 2023 Oregon Wine Experience: Details to Know
What Is the Oregon Wine Experience?
The Oregon Wine Experience is one of our country’s top destination wine and culinary events. It’s a five-day celebration broken into multiple events—each featuring some of the state’s most incredible wines.
Attendees can taste a range of varietal selections from some of Oregon’s best wineries and bid on cases of their favorites. They can also savor some of Oregon’s best culinary creations from award-winning chefs and restaurateurs. It’s a must-attend experience for any wine enthusiast or foodie!
When Is the Oregon Wine Experience?
The Oregon Wine Experience is scheduled for August 16-20, 2023, at Stage Pass.
Where Is the Oregon Wine Experience?
We’re thrilled to host the Oregon Wine Experience at Stage Pass! Our location overlooks some of Jacksonville’s finest vineyards, making for the perfect venue to host this special event.
If you’re a wine enthusiast or a sucker for a beautiful view, you’ll love our master-planned vineyard community. You may even take the opportunity to explore some of our lots and get a sneak peek of what life is like here.
Who Can Attend the Oregon Wine Experience?
Regarding vendors and Wine Competition participants, attendees include some of the best winemakers in our state. If you already have some favorite Oregon vineyards and wineries, you’ll likely see them. If you don’t, you’re sure to find some!
As for guests, anyone who loves wine and supporting a great cause can attend any event over the weekend.
What Is the Oregon Wine Experience’s List of Events?
This year’s Oregon Wine Experience will feature cherished events traditional to past years and some new ones. Here’s the complete list:
- Oregon Wine Competition (July 16th – PRIVATE EVENT): A premier wine competition judged by a world-class panel open to all commercially approved wines using 100% Oregon AVA grapes. Tickets are not available for this event.
- Medal Celebration (August 17 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.): This is the kick-off celebration of the Oregon Wine Experience! There will be a live stream announcement of Oregon Wine Competition results with an intimate studio audience under the tent.
- Collectors’ Tasting (August 17 from 5-6 p.m.): Enjoy innovative culinary selections carefully paired with delicious wine varietals.
- Founders’ Barrel Auction (August 17 from 6-9 p.m.): Bid on one-of-a-kind, exclusive blends made special by top Oregon winemakers and found only at this auction.
- Miracle Auction & Salmon Bake (August 19 from 4:30 to 11 p.m.): This in-person live auction is accompanied by a delicious dinner with wood plank-roasted salmon and tastings of the 2023 award-winning wines.
- Grand Tasting (August 20 from 2 to 5 p.m.): This is the week’s largest event. Attendees can taste award-winning wines from Oregon makers and delicious culinary selections from local restaurateurs.
For more information on each Oregon Wine Experience event, click here.
- Oregon University Wine Classes – In addition, Oregon Wine University offers a variety of unique classes that teach how to understand, pair, and treasure the fullness of wine from Oregon and beyond. These classes actually take place year-round! Stay tuned for the 2023 class lineup soon.
- Anchor Series: Pairing wine with everything from Shakespeare to world-famous blue cheese to the art of barrel tasting. This series is an excellent intro to wine tasting.
- Advanced Series: Winemakers from across the state guide you through wine appreciation and education. Dive deep into Oregon’s boundless wine varietals to discover their nuances and how wine is crafted from vine to barrel to bottle.
Why Should I Attend the Oregon Wine Experience?
The Oregon Wine Experience is one of the most coveted wine festivals in Oregon and the nation. It offers a unique opportunity to taste unparalleled wines from some of the top wineries throughout the state of Oregon — helping you discover some new favorites, spend time with fellow wine enthusiasts, and incite a feeling of Oregonian pride.
However, the Oregon Wine Experience isn’t just about wine. It’s also centered around charitable giving. Every year, 100% of the event’s proceeds are donated and benefit our community’s medical care. In the past, the Oregon Wine Experience has raised over $8.2 million for the Asante Children’s Miracle Network and other healthcare programs at Asante Foundation.
This year, the proceeds will go to AsanteForward, Southern Oregon’s newest and largest philanthropic journey. With a goal of over $50 million total, this campaign can help transform the region’s healthcare services. Donations from the Oregon Wine Experience are vital to the campaign’s success.
You can read more about the AsanteForward campaign background and goals here.
Taste Amazing Wines & Explore Stage Pass at the 2023 Oregon Wine Experience
With the 2022 Oregon Wine Experience right around the corner, it’s time to purchase your tickets and plan for the events. If you have any questions about the celebration or what it’s like to live amid Southern Oregon wine country at Stage Pass, contact our team online. Otherwise, we’ll see you 16!